The rapid proliferation of technology has had a great impact on all business functions and sales is no exception.
Revolutionary technologies, such as big data, cloud computing, and mobile technologies, have transformed the sales process in a way that was unthinkable only a couple of years ago.
So, a number of businesses are adopting new technologies to accelerate their sales productivity, improve their performance, and strengthen their competitive advantage.
But, how does technology simplify sales operations and what tools should you use?
These questions will be answered in this article. So, read on to learn more.
#1 Big Data
If you want significant outcomes for your sales initiatives, it is critically important that you capture, manage, and analyze all the data about your potential customer’s behaviors and their buying habits. Every action you perform should be data-driven, especially if you really want a taste of success.
This where big data technology comes in. It offers the following benefits:
- Improves sales forecasting accuracy.
- Gives you a clear idea of where your sales team needs to focus more of their efforts.
- Helps you identify and focus on the most profitable customers and activities.
- Simplifies the sales prospecting process.
And, all these advantages make it an inevitable technology for any sales function.
#2 Social Media Networks
Social media has changed the way businesses communicate with its customers. So, this is no longer a nice-to-have tool, but rather a must-have tool for every organization.
Here are several benefits of social media:
- Gives you the opportunity to connect with a large number of customers across the world all at once and from one place.
- Makes it easy to learn about your target audience.
- Gives you instant access to customer feedback, which is a great way to ensure greater success.
- Helps you generate leads for a third of the cost.
#3 Automation Systems
Automation has become a necessary tool for every sales rep because it has simplified both the sales planning and execution as compared to earlier.
Such technologies automate all the tedious sales tasks, such as sending follow-up emails, scheduling sales appointments, and updating sales opportunities. This helps to improve productivity and enables the sales reps to focus on the real sales activities that generate revenues.
Also, automation tools ensure that the sales managers are armed with instant information related to the sales activities, such as customer complaints, sales figures, and opportunities, in real time. This can help them take the necessary actions and make amendments for optimal results.
#4 Cloud-Based Customer Relationship Management Technology
Customer relationship management (CRM) systems have always been a critical part of the sales process and the introduction of cloud technology has made it reach a whole new level.
It comes with several benefits, including the following:
- Gives access to your sales team to the data from anywhere and at any time.
- Provides accurate insight about your customers’ buying habits.
- Helps you contact customers, while on the move.
- Transforms your sales crew into an effective, agile, and productive sales squad.
- Is cost-effective.
#5 Mobile Technology
The world is going mobile and, today, consumers mostly use their mobile devices to research a product or service before purchasing it. So, mobile technology plays a key role in every sales process.
It also comes with a sheer amount of benefits, such as those listed below:
- Enables on-field employees to work with data in real time.
- Gives easy, immediate, and remote access to a critical opportunity and customer information.
- Allows you to update and edit information anytime, even while on the move.
- Gives instant access to other tools and product specifications.
In a nutshell, mobile technology helps you make your sales proposals more effective, increase the closing ratio, and provide a better customer service and experience.
#6 Bring Your Own Device
Bring your own device (BYOD) enables your employees to access corporate resources and information with their personal devices and has made a strong impact on sales across all industries.
According to Cisco, 89% of businesses have already started adopting BYOD. And, this number will continue to shoot up in the coming years.
This is because the policy offers a plethora of advantages to your sales team, including the following:
- Saves on the expenses required to acquire individual devices for each sales rep.
- Improves productivity.
- Helps to streamline the sales ordering process and increase the average order size.
- Gives easy and remote access.
- Ensures smooth collaboration within a team.
So, have you explored any of the tools mentioned above? Which tool, according to you, simplifies the sales process the most?